13 Jan 5 things you didn’t know about Barcelona Smart City Expo!
17/01/2022 - Merelbeke
At the end of last year, Sirus was present at the Smart City Expo World Congress in Barcelona. The SCEWC is the international leading event for cities. Their mission is to empower cities and empower urban innovation cross boundaries.
Did you know…
- Together with Cegeka, Sirus was representing the Urban Sense consortium at the Microsoft Pavilion. Gert, Jens and Justien were present and promoting our Urban Data Platform.
- We presented our joint efforts with Cegeka for the cities Brugge – Leuven – Roeselare to our minister president Jan Jambon during his visit at the Microsoft Pavilion.
- During his key note speech, Jambon highlighted the importance of European data spaces for regions such as Flanders. The Urban Sense data platform is an implementation of the Flemish Open City Architecture.
- The Smart City Expo World Congress was organized jointly with the Tomorrow Mobility World Congress. A first edition of a congress with 3 days of renowned experts sharing their vision for the future of mobility, leading organizations and innovators presenting solutions, and an engaged international audience connecting – both in person and online – to do business and push the industry forward.
- All together, the congress attracted more than 14.000 people from 120 countries, 400 cities and 350 experts.
Check out the video below where Justien explains all about the Urban Data Platform on the Barcelona Smart City Expo